Courses & Workshops
- NHM course on Freshwater Ecology (tangencial diatom knowledge)
- Time uncertain data analysis (age-depth models) - GeoChronR Project (paleolimnology diatom knowledge) August 16-18, 2017 Northern Arizona University. Apply here
- "How to review a scientific paper effectively" by Graciela Gil Romera on October 5th (8:00 and 16:00 GMT). More information here: http://pastglobalchanges.org/ecn/meetings/127-pages/1834-ecn-webinar-review-paper-18
Eukaryotic Reference Database of 18S RNA (November 5th to 9th) from the eukref.org page
- What: Workshop to produce curated 18S rDNA reference database.
- When: November 5th – 9th, 2018.
- Where: Roscoff, France at the Station Biologique de Roscoff.
- How much: We will cover the cost of housing, breakfast, and lunch, and reimburse for the cost of flights up to $400 for participants within Europe and $1500 for those from the rest of the world. Thanks to the generous contribution of the Moore Foundation.
Application deadline: September 1st 2018
August 6-10th 2018, Iowa Lake Lab at Milton, Iowa (USA).
6th Polar Marine Diatom Workshop
As Beth Cassie states in her email: "The Polar Marine Diatom Workshop is an interactive workshop that combines longer, microscope-based taxonomy and morphology sessions with shorter research talks and posters. We aim to have an integrated, participatory group of highly-experienced senior-level, mid-career, and early career scientists combined with graduate and undergraduate students. The workshop is focused on diatom taxonomy and paleoceanographic applications of diatoms from both polar regions."
If you are interested in it, you can find more information here, or state your interest by filling out this form by April 15th 2018.